Mar 17, 2006

And then it’s never enough right? When it gets there, to that point…to that boiling, hissing point, to that aggression and obsession and depression and apprehension filling up every every nook and cranny of your mind point, well, nothing is ever enough.



Not an hour or a day or a weekend, not a drink or a hot soak or a massage. Not a sensory deprivation tank or a fucking blowjob will provide you with the distance, peace and clarity you need to be just…okay…just truly sustainably productively fine.

What do you do when it gets to the point when you need the recreational equivalent of a full frontal lobotomy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I walk. I go outside, and I start walking. And I don't stop walking until I feel better. Sometimes it takes all day. Maybe it takes all day and most of the night. But I walk.

Bjetsey said...

yeah, I like walking. or listening to music realllllly loudly. like 24-24-24 hours to gooOOooooo, I wanna be sedated.

cordelia said...

Batting cages. Or, maybe, golf. Writing, lots of it. And then move someplace warm and sunny.

pez said...

pub golf with lots of new people.