Oct 17, 2011

I'm all for irony but this has got to stop

when, really, did we all get so damn ugly. neon and pants up to our rib cages that still, somehow, give us muffin top and people who should never, ever, wear leggings. ever. not ever.

I know, I know, the point of tastes it varies per person. and the point of retro is that I am too old to appreciate it.

but I can not fucking believe that anyone truly believes they look good when they squeeze their sausage legs into bright green high waisted jeans and throw down with that shit. I can't. And I don't think it's about style. And I don't think it's about irony.

I think it is about a ridiculous cackle only half the people hear and I think it would be punk rock if only it had a point other than possibly we have all given up.

and if we were laughing at fashion lord almighty I would cheer

but sometimes I think we are just laughing at beauty.

and help me but suddenly my old old eyes just hurt.

No comments: